Author Topic: Wasp and bee stings.  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
Re: Wasp and bee stings.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 16:50:19 PM »

by looks of it it was just nettle sting she came with the other ear the same and found out she been lying in nettles might see if my dad can trim them down if he ever visits
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 22:57:55 PM »
because its an hour and half trip plus i dont have the money til end of the week
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 22:34:10 PM »
chianas ear is really painful think she may of been stung but not sure couldnt find a sting and its extremely tender what should i do and preferably not take her to the vets

Why do you not want to take her to the vet, Kally?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 22:22:15 PM »
chianas ear is really painful think she may of been stung but not sure couldnt find a sting and its extremely tender what should i do and preferably not take her to the vets

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 16:03:09 PM »
Yes they are a little dumb for still doing it, I dont think they will ever learn. And their dumbness is costing me money. Maybe I'll have to ban them from the garden. My other 2 cats dont do it.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 15:58:19 PM »
Hee hee, your cats are dumb  :rofl:

Yep, make a paste of the bicarb or it would end up being snorted instead  :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 15:49:32 PM »
Yes they have been stung and still been chasing them in the garden  :shy:. Do you put a little of what you said on the sting site? I could not see where they had been stung, only their lip swollen. Harry has a scar on his face from a wasp sting last year.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 15:39:13 PM »
If getting stung doesnt put them off then probably nothing will!
Simon got stung on his paw last year and hasnt bothered with them since.
The young ones are bringing me a bee aday and multiple chewed flies  :sick:

Remember:
Bicarb for bees
Vinegar for vasps   :wow:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 15:31:36 PM »
awwww
it bloody hurts getting stung too doesnt it , i know i was stung on my little finger by a wasp a few yrs ago and it throbbed n throbbed so much
my dog eat a wasp once  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

ccmacey

Wasp and bee stings.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 14:58:02 PM »
He peeps. My cats are little monsters and like to chase anything that moves in the garden. They have been going for wasps and other stingy things and have both been stung this week, Harry on Monday and Macey on Wed. They were stung in the lip and their lips did swell up, they went down by a few hours though. I had this problem with Harry last year and had him to the vets within 15 mins, costing me about £25 for an anti histamine jab and a Piriton tablet. I phoned the vets after this had happened and they told me to give them half a Piriton tablet. They are both fine now, thank god. I also asked the vet if there is any sort of long acting jab incase they get stung again, (which I know they will) and the vet said no. How on earth could I deter them from going after little stingy's?

Link to CatChat