Author Topic: More council madness - man faces £1000 fine for lost cat posters  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: More council madness - man faces £1000 fine for lost cat posters
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 19:22:52 PM »
Maybe the 2 threads can be merged?

Looks like the story has made all the papers again.

This was where I saw the Urban Decay comment http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343679/Pet-owner-blasts-council-lack-compassion-threatens-1-000-fine-lost-cat-poster.html

I would like to point out that I didn't buy a copy but it was all they had to read in the cafe where we had lunch as OH nabbed The Times  :evillaugh:

Wookie is gorgeous btw - I would love a Tabby or Ginger  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 19:30:07 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 18:04:37 PM »
Wondered why I came up in this conversation but after reading the story it all becomes. Yep I was aware of Wookie but not of this whole situation with the Council. A very good family friend (he is like my second dad) is very high up in said Council and being the character he is probably won't mind making waves about this for his "daughter" (he is a dad to 3 boys/men). I will also try to dig out Wookie's owners number.

Is that true about the damage to trees? I can see their point but people carve initials into trees and all other kinds of foolishness that would cause damage without getting in to trouble. This man is trying to find his cat.

Like you said Mark, probably some jobsworth!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 17:51:16 PM »
Isn't Urban Decay a make-up brand? I hope the jobsworth council employee is not trying to imply the resident is a cross dresser. Isn't that against the equal opportunities policy?  :shocked:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 16:42:02 PM »
If councils had brains they would be dangerous.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
More council madness - man faces £1000 fine for lost cat posters
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 15:06:58 PM »
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110104/tuk-1-000-fine-for-lost-cat-posters-6323e80.html

Apparently a council official phoned him and accused him of causing 'Urban decay'* - what a  :censored:  :Crazy:

Purrs had better be careful - Sams lost cat advice could be seen as inciting urban decay  :shify:

Hopefully Steff is on the case with this one.

*The link doesn't mention it but that is what it said in the article in the Daily Mail

Some may remember the case of Milly a couple of years ago when a schoolboy in Whitstable was threatened with an ASBO for a similar 'offence' - I contacted CP HQ about it and the next thing, BBC news were round filming them.

ETA - I passed Milly's owners in the street last week and Milly is doing well  :)

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/294820-boy-faces-asbo-for-missing-cat-poster
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 18:01:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat