Author Topic: RACR Closed to intake  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: RACR Closed to intake
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:59 AM »
This car parking scheme Mark is on about. We are now one of the few charities that do this at least twice a month and our takings are in the region of 1000 plus already... The good thing is that there isnt much to do just 2 or 3 people helping with traffic and us selling stuff under a covered area... And considering Whitstable has a terrible parking problem we do really well out of it..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 07:43:16 AM »

Ohh thanks for that Mark, I will look into it :D Never realised. I bet there are loads of people/places out there also that do simular things we just dont know about.

I have been to a few carnivals and things this year, found out at last minute about them, and said to a friend when walking round, wish they would advertises these better as we could of done a stall maybe to help. But you never know about them.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 22:23:27 PM »
Have you tried speaking to your local chamber of commerce? - It was pure luck but a couple of years ago, I was talking to the owner of th 2nd hand bookshop a few doors from me as I knew he was involved with the local chamber. He told me about them working with various charities and the local junior school. The school allows parking at weekends. Whichever charity has that day has 2 people  on duty. Whatever money is raised is split between the charity and the school. Our branch does pretty well out of it. Yours just might have another idea - worth a phone call?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 21:43:46 PM »
I wish I was closer,  I wonder if there is anything we can do on here to help ?

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 21:41:12 PM »
No, we have been appealing for fundraisers but no one seems interested  :(

We are trying to do fundaising, but running the rescue i dont have time to keep on top of it myself which is why need fundraisers.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 21:32:03 PM »
Wow, that's a big vets bill. Do you have anyone who does fundraising?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 21:22:03 PM »
Really sorry to hear this,  can a local newpaper run a few ads for you for some publicity or can you do a fundraising event ?  I wish I could help.   :hug:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
RACR Closed to intake
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »

RACR is closed until further notice for taking in anymore animals. We are unable to fund anymore and due to lack of donations to the rescue. We have a few outstanding vet bills totaling in all £1,700. We simply cannot fund anymore than we have at pressent.

Thank you
RACR

Link to CatChat