Author Topic: Izzy gone AWOL - FOUND, 23 hours later! :o)  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Izzy gone AWOL - FOUND, 23 hours later! :o)
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 23:10:13 PM »
So glad she's back home now
I love happy endings  :)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 22:46:09 PM »
Im glad you got her back  ;D
Would be worth getting her chipped if shes not done already.

First thing I did was have her chipped when I got her back in Aug. Now I'll have concrete boots made for her so she can't ever go wandering again.   :naughty:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 20:55:13 PM »
I'm very glad you found her!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 18:43:55 PM »
Im glad you got her back  ;D
Would be worth getting her chipped if shes not done already.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 13:58:37 PM »
 :)

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 13:37:45 PM »
Yes I'm so pleased too. She's upstairs on my bed sleeping it all off as she had a double helping of brekkie (she was THAT hungry). She also rushed to the loo. It makes me laugh that being outside all that time and I'm bringing her back almost cross legged for a wee and poo. I'll take a pic and post it later.

:Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 13:19:14 PM »
So pleased to hear that Izzy is home again  ;D

well done you for persisting and keep going back to the place you thought you heard her and also for the two security guards  :hug:

This is a classic case why peeps should go out at night calling and am soooo pleased its turned out well for you, greg and Izzy  ;D

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 13:07:17 PM »
So pleased this has a happy ending :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 12:31:58 PM »
Im so happy for you that she is back safe and sound  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »
Phew! So glad she's home  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 11:50:55 AM »
Woo Hoo yippee and yeee haaaaa!!!!! I'm so please Izzy is back home safe and well.

Poor baby must have been terrified  :(

Big hugs to the nice security guards as well  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »
So pleased your girl is home safe and sound  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
So pleased you found her  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
Am so very glad for you, OH and Izzy. Don't imagine she will be that keen to go out for a while in any event. Well done you for relying on your gut instinct and going back  :hug:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
Bananas gratefully accepted, fanx.

I'm still shaky and keep waking her up to kiss her. She doesn't seem to mind one bit.  :innocent:

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Izzy gone AWOL
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »
awh Hunni!

I am so glad you found her safe and sound, dirty and scared but ok  :hug: :hug: :hug:

And yays for nice security  :drink: :cheer:

have some bananas
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Re: Izzy gone AWOL - FOUND
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »
I got her and my gut instinct was right that something was wrong. She was not harmed, but lost.

My bf and I took turns going out until just after midnight. I couldn't sleep and neither could he. By 5.30am I jumped out of bed and headed round to this industrial area. The security guard (Frank) kindly gave me a power torch and permitted us to check round the whole site ( I later found out he has a wee cat). We spent 90 mins going round the site, checking every container, bolt hole, bin etc etc. After 90 mins I was sure I heard a faint Izzy call from quite a distance away. I ran in that direction and spent another 30 mins in that area calling her. I didn't hear anything again. Even though we're still in the industrial area, it's a good 3 streets away. We headed back up to the main area and finished combing the site. We were about to head back and I said I needed to go back to where I thought I heard her. Something kept pulling me back. I kept calling her and then I'd go quiet and I heard another faint yip and then it got closer and closer. There she was! Izzy was very dirty, scared and wouldn't come near me. It took me a good 15 mins to get her to come to me as the industrial plant was "waking up" so lots of noises etc. Poor Greg (my bf) was standing a bit away and I'm saying "DON'T MOVE" or you'll scare her away.

Izzy finally comes to me and I pick her up but then she hears more noises and screams to get away. I quite literally have a hold of 2 back legs and the rest of her body is dangling, but all I can think is, "If I accidentally break her leg, I can fix it"...If she gets away again and gets harmed...etc..Greg shouted for me to grab the scruff of her neck, which I did and I didn't let her go until we took the long walk back to the security station. A new guard was there and he said the last guy Frank did the security handover and told him we were looking for my cat, and they were both convinced I wouldn't find her. The new guard George shut the door and windows so Izzy couldn't escape but I just couldn't let her go. I got Greg to run back to the house and get the cat carrier, meanwhile George starts showing me pics of his cat, Spike. He said I was lucky Frank is such a cat lover as the other guards would have chased me away. Obviously two cat loving security guards helped me today and I'll be buying them a big box of chocs for being so nice to me.

We got her back and she had double helpings of brekkie! I broke down crying and shaking - I guess the adrenalin rush and just relief she's ok. She's now lying next to me while I type this, washing her wee manky paws and getting back to clean Izzy again. I know I'm selfish but I will never let her out again as I cannot cope with this again.

Anyway, apologies for the dramatic post, but I kind of needed to get it down on paper and out of my head. I've had just under 2 hours of broken sleep and the trek from hell to find her, but I'm so f**king glad my baby is home.

Thank you to all who replied to this post. I always find comfort on Purrs when I need it most.

Lynds xx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »
Im so sorry to hear about Izzy,its a real worry and i know what your going through ,as do a lot of us on here , sending lots of positive homing vibes that she comes home safe and sound soon :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 05:14:25 AM »
She always comes running to me when she hears my voice. Izzy knows always to come home. I've been out during the night and I'm sitting here wide awake as I just can't sleep. I know something is wrong, which isn't me being pessimistic, it's a gut feeling.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 00:00:58 AM »
if you put something smelling of home outside and just stay in, not yelling, maybe she will come back quicker?

you say she is quiet and shy, maybe she has got it in her lil kitty head that the yelling means she's in trouble and is hiding more??

lots of come home vibes from me and the boys

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 23:58:59 PM »
Hope she comes home soon  :hug:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 23:53:44 PM »
I'll try everything and anything. My bf is away back out roaming the estate to see if he can hear her. I'm just numb and feel sick.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 23:24:34 PM »
Just in case, always a good idea to leave a worn item of clothing and/or some contents of a hoover bag outside so she can smell home.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 23:16:19 PM »
Keeping everything crossed she's home soon  :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 23:02:06 PM »
hang in there Lynds.... you never know she may well appear in the middle of the night wondering what all the fuss is about.... I hope!  :wish:  :wish:

Thinking of you hun :hug:     .......  but really gotta go to bed :tired:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 22:59:32 PM »
I think that's what I'd do, Lynds - go out when the neighbourhood is quiet and call her as loud as you dare, and listen for any response

timid cats are always the most likely to hide themselves away if startled, and be too afraid to advertise their presence

I do hope you find her soon
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 22:59:17 PM »
If you can bear the cold I would leave the back door open and just keep calling her.  I'm sure she's not far away.

Keeping everything crossed for some positive news soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 22:55:15 PM »
notify local vets and rescue as you never know, someone may have been 'helpful' and taken your perfectly fine kitty in thinking she was lost?

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 22:21:55 PM »
Thanks guys. I've been sitting here in tears as she's such a home girl. Last summer, she was always home before 4. It's unlike her. Izzy is also very timid and cautious, so she's not the type to approach anyone or go investigating like the average cat. She prefers to just hang out in the garden or someone's nearby.

I'm going to head back out after midnight and just listen. Perhaps she's stuck somewhere nearby. I just don't know what else to do.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 22:12:41 PM »
Been thru this myself and not at all pleasant. Sincerely hope she comes back in very soon.  She's probably just enjoying her freedom as long as she thinks possible.  It is a lot milder atm and ours are staying out longer than they have been recently.

Very much hope your dad is making a good recovery.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 22:11:05 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this :(  Poor you, you've really been through it  :hug: I really hope Izzy comes in soon ... is it worth asking around the neighbourhood to see if she's not been shut in a garden shed or something?  It's been mild weather lately so people might have started doing their gardens.

Come on Izzy, come home!

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Izzy gone AWOL - FOUND, 23 hours later! :o)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 21:16:50 PM »
Hi,

Since I moved home, I've not had Izzy out as A) I was in Miami on a 2 week business trip and mum, dad and the bf were cat sitting B) My dad had a heart attack the day after I returned from Miami so I was up and down to the hospital etc and C) The weather has been awful.

She's been getting ants in her pants the past few weeks so I let her out yesterday for the first time since moving. Izzy was so happy and spent 4 hours coming in and out of the house, having fun. Today she left at 9.30am and she's still not home. When she was out at our last home, she was always home by 4pm ish, give or take the odd hour. I've only moved round the corner and I've been out all night and my bf was out around tea time looking for her too. I feel sick as she never does this.

Any suggestions anyone? I've literally walked round the whole development shouting her name and tapping her dish. I made sure I went back to our old house a few times too, but nothing.

I want my girl home.

:scared:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:45:08 AM by Lynds »

Link to CatChat