Author Topic: Maine Coon appetites and other things.  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Maine Coon appetites and other things.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 21:24:09 PM »
Sorry it turned into a novel  :evillaugh:

There was more I could have typed as well - such as her rant about her cleaner came in yesterday crying that her 18 year old cat had been PTS that morning. She was complaining that the cleaner wanted a hug and kept going on about it. She said people should leave private things at home and no go on about them and even cleaners should show some professionalism. She said she felt really embarrassed hugging the cleanner but gave her 2 or 4 pats  :evillaugh: - I can understand the personal space thing but before shhe retired, she was the counsellor for quite a large company  :evillaugh: - she also has a certificate on her wall for communication. I forget what the term is but believe it is something to do with body-language etc?

ah, I've just done a counselling course and personal contact is quite a big thing ethically speaking ie boundaries and all that :) mindst you in a work setting it would not be the same as a practising counsellor.

I don't mind a novel Mark  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 21:28:32 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 21:15:12 PM »

I'd love to see the cat that could go through that much food in a week!  ;D

2 cats!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 20:21:56 PM »
 :rofl: at your last post Mark, you think she'd be more understanding!

I'd love to see the cat that could go through that much food in a week!  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 20:18:12 PM »
Sorry it turned into a novel  :evillaugh:

There was more I could have typed as well - such as her rant about her cleaner came in yesterday crying that her 18 year old cat had been PTS that morning. She was complaining that the cleaner wanted a hug and kept going on about it. She said people should leave private things at home and no go on about them and even cleaners should show some professionalism. She said she felt really embarrassed hugging the cleanner but gave her 2 or 4 pats  :evillaugh: - I can understand the personal space thing but before shhe retired, she was the counsellor for quite a large company  :evillaugh: - she also has a certificate on her wall for communication. I forget what the term is but believe it is something to do with body-language etc?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 20:07:34 PM »
Blimey! it is alot

sad news about the kitty :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Maine Coon appetites and other things.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 19:56:42 PM »
I know that MCs are big cats, but today, I saw a dog wandering round in the harbour and realised it belongs to one of the B&B owners I know. I rang her and she said she had been for a walk but didn't realise Bella hadn't followed her back home  :Crazy: (She has 2 dogs). Anyway, we wandered back in her direction (her house is on the beach) when we got there, there was a big beautiful Maine Coon. She said that she has 2 - he daughter moved in with her less than a year ago but bought a house in a busy area so left her cats (whims) with her mum. Anyway, she said between the 2 of them, they eat a box of gourmet perle a day and a bag of RC Maine Coon a week  :Crazy: (I directed her to VetUK) - I hadn't seen her since the spring and was sad to hear that her British Blue had been PTS due to liver cancer  :( (he was PTS during surgery) - It was especially sad for me as over 4 years ago, before we moved here, we stayed at her B&B before we knew her. We were really chuffed that her cat watzed into our room and went to sleep on the bed  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 17:23:58 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat