Author Topic: Mum has kitty lodgers in her garden  (Read 4763 times)

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
Re: Mum has kitty lodgers in her garden
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 22:23:46 PM »
You're welcome. 

I'm sorry to hear about the local rescues but am glad that the family is warm and dry now ;D

:Crazy: Good luck on your phonebill.

Lisa

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
I'm back!

Well I'd just like to say a huge thankyou to the kind offers made by Lisa and Jenny.

Only 2 days ago my Mum managed to find a lovely permanent home for Mumcat and babies. My Mum has already had 4 updates and is going to see how they have settled in next week!

The local rescues weren't very helpful and asked Mum to call back on x day and then wouldn't answer the phone.  This happened on several occasions which I feel is poor considering the fact that these kittens were venturing towards the end of the garden and then on to the road.

Anyway - all is sorted and the woman who has took them on has already had one other family member ask for one of the kittens.  She has said they can come and visit as much as they like but she is not splitting up the family. :)

They have all been to the vets and have been wormed, flead and given a clean bill of health.  Mumcat will be spayed asap.  The kittens have also been sexed as a boy and a girl and the new owner will be having them done as soon as they are old enough.

I have been really worried about this little family and god knows what my mobile phone bill is going to be like !!   :tired:

Offline JennyC

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 23:27:51 PM »
I can help with these if needed for a couple of days.

I've just cleaned out my spare room and been looking for some fosters to take on. I can keep hold until the CP can get them. I've been put on CP's fosterer's list so maybe i'll end up keeping hold of them for a while. lol

Let me know.

I would PM but no point if she's on holiday.

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 18:49:57 PM »
Good idea, I have pm-ed Dawn (I hope she doesn't mind??

Lisa

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 13:29:00 PM »
Lisa, it might be worth sending a pm to DiddyDawn - I know she knows CandyShandy well and may have contact with her mum.  It may be a long shot but maybe worth a try.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 18:17:27 PM »
I see - I'm kicking myself for not logging in sooner, poor kitties.

Lisa

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 00:19:58 AM »
What a lovely offer Likabu :) Candyshandy has gone away for two weeks now so she won't see this kind offer, I know her own cats are going to her Mum's (who is the one who has found these kittens) but as far as I know her Mum isn't a Purrs member.

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 18:07:02 PM »
Whereabouts in Wrexham?  I am in Gwersyllt, Wrexham whilst I have 2 cats myself they have pretty much taken to the garden for the summer (what sumer) and have their own shed outside (it's open all the time for them).  They like to come back in overnight. I have a backroom kinda spare at the moment - it has got boxes of special offer cat food in there and a box of hay stuff that PAH sent out by mistake.

Let me know if there's no luck at the CPL, I could help out temporarily  - I would take on a third cat permanently but not 3!

Lisa
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 18:22:31 PM by likabu »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 13:48:23 PM »
CPL have said they are full at the mo but to call back on Wednesday...........................fingers crossed

Fingers crossed they can take them in on Wednesday - They are high risk

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 13:44:14 PM »
CPL have said they are full at the mo but to call back on Wednesday...........................fingers crossed

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »
I just hope Diddydawn doesn't see this, she supposed to be taking a break

So it would be wrong to change the title to
"DD - Mum and kittens in NORTH WALES have nowhere to live and are living in a garden"   :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
I just hope Diddydawn doesn't see this, she supposed to be taking a break

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »
Isnt there anyone on here that is in North Wales ?
I hate to think of Mum and kittens having nowhere to go  :'(

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 21:32:00 PM »
You are miles away from us unfortunately otherwise I would have offered to help. To be honest, although it's not an ideal situation at least they have some shelter and someone to feed them which is a lot more than most strays. At least if they stay put then they can be on a waiting list and hopefully taken in once they get to the top of the list.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 21:27:11 PM »
There isn't a shed but Mum cat has created a Den for her and the kittens - they are sheltered at least.  My Mum was going to create a bed with blankets etc but I've told her to leave them because of scents and Mum cat might move the kittens.

Mum took some food and water out earlier and Mum cat scoffed the lot and licked the bowl.  We think the kittens are still feeding from her as she went back into the den after her meal and lay down with them.

Mum is based in Wrexham, North Wales.

I can't believe this has happened just before I go away.  My mum doesn't drive and I could have at least helped with that side of things if required. :'(

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 21:21:17 PM »
If she's not able to take them inside, does she have a garden shed she could settle them in to? At least for the time being until a local rescue can help. Where abouts is she based? I know my branch of Cp would class it as an emergency so hopefully someone could help.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 21:19:14 PM »
The Mum is a bit hissy spitty at the mo - which is to be expected I suppose. I doubt she would be able to get hold of her.

On top of that my lot are going on Tuesday as I'm going on my hols, so she'll have mine and Oscar in the house anyway.  She doesn't really have a spare room as its completely full of junk at the mo :(

She is feeding her and fingers crossed we can sort something but I'm sure all the local rescues are full :(

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 21:15:07 PM »
Can your Mum take in cat and kittens indoors ?

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Mum has kitty lodgers in her garden
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 20:17:33 PM »
A lovely tortie and white cat has been visiting Mums garden for a while now.  Mum was looking out of the window at her today as she was snuggled up under a pane of glass that fell out of the greenhouse. 

Well she was a bit shocked - the little cat has had 2 kittens!!  Mum has no idea how old they are but they are still feeding from Mum and are jumping and playing.

She has taken food and water out for Mum who wolfed it down When she first started coming she had a collar on but it has now disappeared and there are no notices in the local shop.  Mum thinks she's been thrown out  >:(

The worry is that Mum lives directly opposite a main road, it just isn't the best place for cats never mind kittens!

I've given her the numbers of the local rescues but tbh I doubt they will be able to help :(

Link to CatChat