Author Topic: Poor Rosie  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Poor Rosie
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
Fingers crossed everything is OK for her  :ahh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
Good luck at the vet's Rosie  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
Her app for her bloods is at 9.40 this morning, and we should be able to find out there and hten. Poor thing isn't happy at being pre-starved!! I will be awfully surprised if they are normal with how much water she is drinking.
Please spay your cat

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 17:42:18 PM »
Aaaw, Rosie is a little poppet  :Luv:
Paws crossed her bloods are fine and she settles in to her new surroundings soon.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 15:38:32 PM »
Sending positive vibes for Rosie at the vets~~~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am glad she will be staying with you Des!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 14:37:05 PM »
Me too

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:28:35 PM »
Hope Rosies appointment at the vets goes well.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
I can hope PAv, but she has lived with other cats for the past 17 or so months, although her behavoiur here makes you wonder just how much she liked that. I am going to see when they can book her in for her bloods today, and cancelling tonights app, she is much brighter this morning - even started scratchign round the bowl cos she didn't like the food, she has never done that before (she did eat part of hte pouch overnight, yet only nibbled this morning, daft girl!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 21:31:45 PM »
Desley you mentioned her spending lots of time in bathroom and not wanting to come out, i just wanted to say Phoebe spent the first 6 months here in my bedroom but then she started coming down stairs for little while and run back, she doesnt like Boy or other cats i think she is actually scared of other cats but now after 10 months she spends time evewry where and even though she is not happy Boy geting close but she tolerates him, thats why i thought Rosie being an older cat might take some time to accept the others but i agree with you i think at this age moving her again will stress her more. I do hope blood test doesnt show anything serious. :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 20:53:54 PM »
Thanks Pav, I dont think she will agree, and I dont think she will accept the others to be honest. I just hope her bloods show that she can have a decent amount of time here.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 20:51:42 PM »
Desley, i think its wonderfull if she stays with you, i am sure with time she will accept the others and she is such a sweet heart :Luv: :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 20:24:03 PM »
She was very quiet last night and this morning and not eating much, so I booked an app and rang the rescue when I got home, but she then perked up, wolfed her food so much I had to take the dry away cos she was eating too quickly, and has been happily sleeping on my knee - althoguh still wont settle downstairs. I have got permission to take her off the rehoming page, she will live her life out here. I think I will get bloods done next week just to be on teh safe side, and see what the vet thinks, as I do feel bad that she isn't truly happy here. If they are fine, I might rethink my decision.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 08:20:38 AM »
Thanks. apart from not leaving her room due to the other cats, seh is happy, and eating well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: to you both!  :scared: illness has such an evil twist!  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
She comes out of the room for food, but I am strugglign to get her to stay out of the bathroom, and she was having a hissy fit at Rolo this morning. i am reluctant to shut the bathroom door completely though, as I am concerned about her levels of activity. Tried to clean her bum last night cos it was a bit dirty, and she turned into a really nasty cat, so I think my decision not to do too much to her is right - she didn't appreciate the wipe down with the baby wipe the other day either, but she isn't doing that good a job of cleaning herself. I hope so too, but I suspect her kidneys.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:06:37 AM »
Aw poor Rosie....and I thought she was staring to open up!  :( Sending her loads of "chin up" vibes~~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug: and I do hope her probs health wise are not serious!  ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 21:51:13 PM »
I am going to ask for permission to take her off the rehoming list this weekend, I  honestly dont think she could cope with another move. I do suspect something underlying, but as she is a bit of an independent cat, I dont want to stress her out unnecessarily - she had to have ab's when she first came, and was a nightmare to tablet, so if it is her thyroid and not her kidney's, I doubt we would be able to do much. The thing that bothers me is her spending so much time in the bathroom, I Can only get her to come out if I am late with meals (I am cutting down on her dry), or if I put food in front of her in one of hte other rooms, she isn't the best on her feet, so dont want her doing too little exercise. I dont want to keep her here if she is unhappy, but I also dont want to put her through the stress of moving if it could make her worse.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 17:07:33 PM »
Ahhh what a little darling she is :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 16:51:02 PM »
She is, my bro didnt think she was 15 cos of her size. Apparently Tinky was that weight when she was rehomed at 6 months old.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 16:47:52 PM »
Judging her against the books, she is certainly tiny.  Blip must be twice her size!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 16:30:23 PM »
Here are pics of her out of the bathroom - she was also sitting on the landing before, but I tried to put a fleecy blanket where she was and she hasn't bothered since!! I am much happier that she is coming out of her own accord though.

Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 15:02:20 PM »
Awww can't wait to see her pics  :Luv2:

I think Rascal is tiny, but that could be because the boys are so big.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 13:40:54 PM »
Bless her Des...great news that she is slowly coming out of her shell!  :Luv: :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 13:09:16 PM »
I will post some pics later of her standing up - very rare occurence, it will help show just how tiny she is. I have met 2.5kg cats before, but they dont seem quite as tiny as this one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
Good luck with the sample Des.

Dark Moon

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
Sorry. I hadn't read her entire thread(s).  Will wish the best for her. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 17:34:58 PM »
DM, that is part of the reason she is here, as it is better for the older cats to have a home environment. I am going to ask the vet on Mon if htey can test a urine sample to see if she has anything going on with her kidneys rather than put her through the stress of taking her up and blood testing her, if she does, then it will be palliative care and living her life out here.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 13:48:37 PM »
Awwww bless her  :hug:

She sounds such a sweetheart  :Luv2:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 13:26:17 PM »
I know it wont happen to Blip Christine, you wouldnt emigrate and leave her behind.

Good grief, no  :Crazy:  I only worry that if something were to happen to us...  :scared:

Glad Rosie is starting to make herself a bit more at home.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
Bless her.  Hope she can settle - wont do that Rolo any harm to have someone spit at him for a change!

Dark Moon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »
I adopted by lovely Ariadne from a humane society. She had been abused. All her canine teeth were broken at gum level, infected and had to be removed. Brought her home to my tiny apartment. We were four cats and a human at that time and it was a tiny, tiny apartment. She spent the first 10 days underneath my desk just staring out. Watching.

But, you know, she became the most loving and social of my cats. Called her 'the Mother of us all' because she tried to adopt and mother anything that came near her (the other cats enjoyed this for the most part. The guinea pig found it all somewhat frightening until he got used to having a 'major predator' cuddling him!).

There is hope. Even for older kitties traumatized by the loss of their previous homes, by abuse, and/or by suddenly finding themselves part of a group.

Hoping the best for Rosie.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
I know it wont happen to Blip Christine, you wouldnt emigrate and leave her behind. She does seem a lot happier today, I was getting concerned about her not walking much, as she was already unsteady on her feet, but she has checked out the upstairs quite a bit today, and is happy to eat despite me moving the food bowl (a little trick to get her to eat more) - she does seem to have a sensitive stomach though, bless her - and as she always toileted outside, it was only picked up on when she came here. It is my fault though, I thought she might enjoy the free samples from teh vets, and she did - but her tummy doesnt, so will stick to Whiskas and JWB for her - shame, I was going to really spoil her today (pay day yesterday!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
Poor Rosie.  I know Blip would be the same (heaven forfend).  I hope you can get her settled and comfy, Desley.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor Rosie
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
Rosie has been her 2.5 weeks now, and has seemed to be slightly depressed at being here (not that surprising at her age - she has been with her owners since a kitten), and despite living with other cats for the past 16months ish, she isn't at all happy with the others. She finally seems to be a bit more accepting of them, she has been quite chirpy today, she has left the bathroom of her own accord (door is open 24/7), I got her to sniff Hobo's tail, but she then saw Rolo, spat and went back in the bathroom. She wont stay downstairs very long, the first two times she did, but since then, if you take her down, she has a quick sniff and then comes back upstairs. She is exploring my room a bit more though, although she doesnt' like Zi or Molly. At least seh is eating well, but I am debating taking her off the rehoming page for a while, as I am not sure if she could cope with another move at the moment - but an only cat household would be much better for her.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat